Monday, July 11, 2005

City hoppin...

So I just got done doing my 30-minutes around downtown Columbus, you know walking enough to raise my cardio, yet not sweat through my work clothes. Downtown CO is a really relaxing and pretty place, as we don't experiece the hustle and bustle of a larger metropolis. Everything we lack in high traffic, we gain in sidewalks not bombarded by joggers and cyclists and cozy lunch spots that never make you late because of the line. Hey, white people even look you in the eye and say hello. Now tell me what other city can offer you that?

Luckily, I have transitioned to a lot-less stressful job than I had before, which gives me a chance to actually think about things non-news, and alleviate what I liked to call the "Columbus Post neck."
  • Isn't it really old-school for women not to like working with other women? I seen my old supervisor on the other side of the street as I walked DT. After noticeably waving at her, she ignored me and didn't wave back. Now, this woman hated (and to my knowledge still hates) every women in the office. What happend to UNITY? I say leave the shoulder pads and the bad attitude in the 1980s.
  • Wasn't 'You Got Me' by the Roots one of the hottest ensemble records of lately? I was almost late for a phone call after listening to the 17-minute, live version on VH1 radio. Jill Scott wrote that hot broken-sentenced hook, that took my high school friends and I months to decipher. And even mediocre Eve rocked the second verse tag teaming with Black Thought.
  • Are Whitney and Bobby Brown really that different from you and your boo-nap? Ladies, don't act like you never had a man that drunk too much, cussed you out in ya'lls playful little way, got you on crack and caused you to ruin your fairytale music career. Despite the drama, they seem to really love each other, in a hood, take the money and run, kind of way. The truth is ugly, my dears.
  • Why is AllHipHop.com celebrating the Diplomats all week? And if the answer is because they have anew album coming out, that's not good enough! Do you really want to read a story about why Purple City decided to make purple their color of choice, opposed to pink (a Dip Set fave), red or blue? A story for real, like 500+ words.
  • Whatever happend to P.M. Dawn?
  • Where is everybody in Columbus? I sat this weekend out as clubs have reportedly stayed empty for the past 3 to 4 weeks. Is there some underground ground thumper that I don't know about? As I prepare for my own soiree, I know club heads better perk up and enjoy summer (and their youth) while they can. Somebody know about a weekend hot spot? Let a sista know!

3 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Dawn1 said...

HMM...
I love East Coast Music, & I love the Harlem slow flow, but DipSet week is a lil extreme..((SMILE))
Whats up with DEF JAM WEEK! lol

Bobby & Whitney are SO HOOD! I don't know if I'm ready 4 White America 2 c a Black Reality Show like that?! They're gonna think all of our dudes pull turds out our asses! LOL

Great Comments Donna!
I love u!

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Dawn1 said...

Andy Milonakis is the smoker's new show since Dave Chappelle is gone!
HI-larious!!!

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Tour and travel Black lesbians cheerleaders nude http://www.washable-area-rugs.info skin care remedies Cheap cod order ionamin Best rated bluetooth wireless headset Baseball wearhouse Top ten portable dvd players Bbw black single sistas

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home