Thursday, July 28, 2005

Let's Get Lifted!


Wow, there is a plethora of things to do this weekend, I'm not sure if I can go to everything! I'll need some correspondents to fill me in on all the happenings. Here is a list of all of the places I may be between tonight and Sunday, hopefully I'll see you out!

Thursday
For all of you baby hair-on-men fans, the Scream Tour 4 featuring Bow Wow, Omarion, Bobby Valentino and Marques Houston will be at the Nationwide Arena starting at 7 p.m.

My boy M Hunter is showcasing his awesome photography at Club 202, starting at 9:30 p.m. If you can't make it out, at least check out his portfolio, it is intriguing, at www.Colleone.com.

Oh yes it's Ladies Night and the feeling's right at the Opium Lounge. The night is under new management, so I may check it out just to see what's what. I do have to go to work tomorrow, so I have to be easy on the weekday kickin' it.

Friday
OK, I am a new John Legend fan, way late, but you can't just let any soul singer in your life. Even though my friend P Tosh hates that Legend thinks he's gangsta (check out "Alright"), he's okay with me. He will be performing at the Newport Music Hall with Lyfe Jennings at 7 p.m. Columbus really got the shaft, considering Common and De La Soul are opening for John Legend in other cities.

After the show is the after party with John Legend and more (more meaning some hot, hot performers, I know the inside scoop but promised not to tell) at the Brownstone starting at 9:30 p.m. If you skip the concert, you have to come out to come out to this...it'll be the best ten bucks you spend in a while.

Saturday
Exhausted already? Well I'll be out and about by noon to support the African Festival at Bicentennial Park, which is running until 8 p.m. Jerry Saunders of the African Personal Development Shop, one of the community's best, is hosting this event.

After that, I'll be heading over to Whitehall Park to meet and greet at the Columbus African American Professionals Cookout from noon to 5 p.m. There are too many organizations to name, so if they black and got a charter, trust me they'll be there.

At 6 p.m., bring out your Cross-Colors, eye patches, fake noses and asymetrical hairdos as the Original Superstars of Hip Hop will be performing at Cooper Stadium. Digital Underground, Naughty By Nature, MC Lyte and Slick Rick will be rockin' the mic, surely the old school crowd will be out representing.

I was just telling P Tosh about how I needed to see Erykah Badu in concert before I was 25. Well the neo-soul gods must have answered my prayers as she along with Floetry, Jill Scott and Queen Latifah are going to be at Germain Ampitheater starting at 7 p.m. You best believe I will be chillin' in my lawn seat real early for this one.

Too many after parties to mention, as I hear there are some at the Cove, the Redzone and the Opium.

Sunday
I'll probably lay low on Sunday...might catch the Columbus Museum of Art's free day, or get a drink at the Spice Bar. I'll definately need a nap for sure.

Catch you urbanistas later!

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Dawn1demarco said...

Lotz of fun stuff!
when r we gonna kick it?

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Banking and finance guild legal malpractice Tokidoki shirts http://www.dvd-player-81.info/Las-vegas-dental-makeover.html lower cholesterol lpa indian cayons golf course Cheap allegra no prescription whitestrips 35 vergleich Attorney prozac

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it suspension tamiflu Small poison rings New york furnaces heating Subaru royale Levitra ship online Modern chair glider Glass cooktop range gas Corrective laser eye surgery south carolina Periostat acne rosacea Custom sauna open source audio editor windows audacity zocor liver damage symptoms infra sauna Eczema children symptoms portable saunas infrared saunas saunasteamsecrets.com http://www.beckettfootballcardmonthly.info apple cartridges Slide waist adjusting men's pants Porsche dealer oregon

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home