Friday, July 22, 2005

The Party Don't Stop

I went to sleep last night, thinking I did a good job of drinking in moderation and getting to bed early even though my big birthday party was last night. Well, when the alarm clock went off at 7 a.m. my head felt like a ton...I had a hangover, damn!

I usually don't get hangovers. I was brought up in the college traditions of drinking until 6 a.m. and getting to class by 8 a.m. "Man, maybe I should have called that guy back last night," I thought to myself. "If I knew I was going to be drunk, I could at least got some ass." (Shout outs to the young sexy that danced with me last night...yes, I am cyber-flirting with you!)

My party was a blast, I want to thank Niel Jurist for helping to put the party together and all of the people who came out, danced to the fabulous DJ Stan (the Brooklyn Butcher) and bought me plenty drinks. The party pics will be up as soon as I fix my camera! Anybody who took photos should post them on the comment board, or email them to me.

In the meantime, the party don't stop, as this weekend is full of things to do in Columbus. If you are in town, come out, kick it with me...you owe me a drink anyway.

Tonite at the Arena Grand Theater, my boys at In8 Inner-Prizes are hosting a special showing of "Hustle and Flow" with appetizer and drink specials from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and the movie showing at 9:30 p.m. for $5 (can't beat that!)

After the movie, I plan to be at my favorite Friday spot, the Cove. Hopefully my new blogger buddy Funky D will be there too.

The Jazz and Ribfest will be all weekend in downtown Columbus. Even though I don't eat the swine, I will be out representing and collecting things to write about. Two of my favorite musicians will be rockin' the Riverfront Ampitheater stage back to back on Saturday: T. Michael Branner at noon and percussionist Ron Hope at 3 p.m.

That's all I plan on participating in for the weekend, unless somebody else knows of another hotspot?

7 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Dawn1demarco said...

I'm glad ur party was so fun last nite!
Who's the young sexy!? ((smile))
I know I'm gonna have some ribs this weekend @ the ribfest but thanks 4 the other outings.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Midlife Crisis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! from a fellow cancerian! (Aren't we the greatest?)

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Soulnik said...

Damn! With all that stuff going on you make me wanna live in Columbus!!!

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://pwyqnjrx.com/ounn/fvgg.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dojviblc.com/mxbk/hvqc.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://pwyqnjrx.com/ounn/fvgg.html | http://ucsdgwxr.com/piqr/bhtd.html

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home