Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Welcome to My Thoughts

Wow. Finally I have come into the modern world as a bloggist. Now I can alleviate my friends from being my personal diaries and post my business for the whole internet to hear. Well, not exactly.

I am an urban culture critic. I am the club head on the cusp on music and arts trends, that the mainstream will be copying a year from now. Columbus isn't an odd place to claim a trend by the way. For those of you not familiar with my hometown...

Columbus is an ecclectic market with picky ass buyers, where the old school and new school meet more than a BET Awards show. At any point in the city, one can be 20 minutes from a cow pasture and the hood. Around the corner from any upscale neighborhood is a trailer park or section 8 housing. Down the street from the infamously crazy Buckeye fans is the scariest hood in the city (I like to call the hood-ud). Down the way from the hood-ud is the premiere gay and lesbian trendspot.

My city meshes the swanky and the poor, the market watchers and the block stalkers. We all interact. This ain't a city where assimilation is shunned. I can find black folks kickin' it anywhere in the city. If you can make it in the crazy place, where people's taste fluctuate like the crazy ass weather, than you can make it anywhere. That has its advantages and disadvantages.

So the purpose of my site is to evaluate what's hot. To give my opinion on what's coming up. To show outsiders that Columbus is on the comeup, and to give people who live here an alternative place to kick it downtown besides to courthouse.

So look out for what's going on during weekends, what music lights my fire, visual artists on the come up. I'm excited that this can be an interactive experience! I'm looking forward to being bitched at!

9 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Beauty said...

Welcome to technology Donna, you're on your way! I love the site name. So far, so good. I'm looking forward to reading your reviews.

Just don't forget when you're out and about attending the hottest Cols events, I'm your "and one" to the VIP lists. Holla!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Critical B said...

I like it Donna, good idea. Looking forward to the info you post. I guess all your local reviews won't be good ones anymore, right? Bring on the honesty!

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Dawn 1 said...

HMM..I'm feelin it Donna.. Can't wait 2 read more of "The Pink Ghetto"

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous DLW said...

Looks good lady...keep up the good work...

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger P Tosh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger P Tosh said...

I am SOOOO PROUD of you! You are so great, this site is great, your talent is great and so on and so forth. You finally have a place to vent and get some other views on the things that we talk about. You go girl, and when you go, take me with you!

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Paris hilton that's hot Institute for cosmetic plastic surgery carvox car alarms baseball games pc Pda and phone Liposuction male picture

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. film editing schools

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home