Tuesday, September 20, 2005

You're Making Me Sigh

Since I was losing my religion in Chicago over part of the weekend, I missed the seemingly impromptu concert of diva-turned-mumbler Toni Braxton at Long Street Live. Luckily, the troops were on hand to report. Rich Jones, hype man and videographer who reps Unrested Entertainment was in the house to call Toni out on her lackluster performance...enjoy!

Let me get this off my chest as early as I can so that it doesn’t fester in me any longer than it has to. I did not enjoy myself at the Toni Braxton concert Friday at Long Street Live. Not an inkling, not a drop(well maybe a little with the party part) unless there was jokes being shared. Now this could be coming from the perspective as worker since I was an emcee in one of the rooms and they wanted us there early. I mean the sun was still out and that was a problem for me going to a club…

First, the positives. I’m glad just that she showed up because I have been conditioned to get the big name coming and then pull a no show at the last minute. There was an atmosphere that really started to go somewhere and the crowd showed their love. The Toni faithfuls really enjoyed themselves. Now heres the problem I faced. First off, who was the demographic? Is Toni trying to get the youngsters again or the older crowd? Magic 98.9 sponsored the event and it was very evident with all the grandpas and grandmas in there. I had to get an old mans health card on the dance floor just in case he caught a flashback and got his mojo back. I’m serious about that(ask Krate Digga). So I thought they could have done a much better job cross marketing to get more people. When you open up all 3 rooms you expect to have people in there but that did not happen at all…

The concert…well she came out with the fat red weave that I would have never imagined looking like that. Mufasa ring a bell? She started off cool engaging the crowd and singing some of the classics (7 Whole Days, Breathe Again) then went into this Las Vegas review where all the songs are blended together, a medley if you will. At that point I realized that this was going to be a 20 min. concert and was really pissed. She had her dancers on stage and that was cool, then added two of her newer songs and ran off the stage like “Sexual Chocolate” in the end….and that was it. No see you later, no thank you all for coming, God Bless and Good Night…nothing. A lot of hype for a lot of nothing. Add to that, all the old people were tired from hooping and hollering, they left when she left so the back area looked like it did at 7 p.m. when I first got there…empty.

Poor Mix Master Ice, I believe he has more people around him when he’s practicing. Instead of 2:30, the night was a wrap at 1:00a.m. Let’s go to The Cove…

6 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous belladawn said...

LOL..
THAT IS FUNNY IM GLAD I DIDNT WASTE MY MONEY GOING..
ITS 1 THING 2 GET HIT ON ALL NITE @ THE CLUB, & SOMETHIN ELSE WHEN ITS ALL OLD CAT DADDIES HITTIN ON EVERYBODY! LOL

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Midlife Crisis said...

I feel sorry for Homegirl. I happened to catch her latest release when I made a mistake and turned the radio on (smile) and I was saddened. She is trying so hard to stay youthful and "current" but she cannot fit within that mold anymore.

She is like in limbo, a generation hell, so to speak.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

is that pic of Toni Braxton? It can't be. nah.

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... World cell phones calling plans Foxcroft lilac shirt video conferencing voip http://www.video-conferencing-services-5.info/Stratosphere-video-conferencing.html Fluoxetine overdose Asscher cut synthetic diamonds video+conferencing+versus+web+conferencing 37.5 capsule mg phentermine What do fluoxetine look like Schill &aposs humidifier service P26570r17 metric tire conversion chart Conferencing carrier wholesale health care advantage insurance company

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP video editing programs

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home