Tuesday, October 18, 2005

So You Want To Be My Friend?

Besides all of the mean things I have to say about myself, I am a nice girl…really. And I meet lots of people all the time who feel the same way. Being a journalist and a PR person, I’m just a sociable person and give off the impression that I have a lot to offer to people. And some people want to get to know me outside of the club (not in that way). They want to be my friend! And I am always leery of adding new friends to my circle because I have some peculiar ways that some people can’t get used to. All of my closest friends either grew up in the same house as me, or I’ve known since public school. So just in case you want to be my friend, here are some things you need to know.

  • I will diss you for my crush/boyfriend. And I will because you know you want to do it to. But for some reason, a woman will get panties all in a bunch because I would rather go to the movies with Mr. Man instead of her. Now this isn’t to say that if you were having a meltdown, I wouldn’t come through. But if I have to choose between dinner with the girls and dinner with an uber cutie…the uber cutie wins.
  • I am loyal, but…I will only put up with so much of your bullshit. I don’t hold grudges. I have friends that have phucked me over royally. And I have had to cut people off for years. We make up. But I do turn my love on and off like a faucet. So though I am a communicator and will try hard to work it out…when I’m done, I’m done.
  • I’m moody. One day, I’ll want to spend the whole day with you. The next day, I may not answer your calls. It’s the nature of a Cancer.
  • I’m bossy. My sister told me this a couple of months ago. I like to do what I want to do. And if you don’t want to do it with me, I’ll do it by myself.
  • I’m an asshole. My closest friends are the most nose-in-the-air, sarcastic, bitches in Columbus. We make fun of everybody. I’m laughing even thinking about it. So if you can’t hang with that, you can’t hang with us.
  • I’m flaky. I make plans and cancel them for no reason. Because I change my mind a lot. (I can also be talked back into things, so don’t give up).

Damn, that’s enough bad things about me. To counter this list, I will also drop everything for my friends, give them money and not expect it back and take you out for breakfast/lunch/dinner at a moment’s notice. I will do anything for my peoples, but they also let me be me, and I love them for that.

Song I’m Feeling: Unbreakable by Alicia Keys. I’m not a big Alicia Keys fan, but that girl can perform her ass of. This song is so simple and hot, I’ve been listening to it on repeat since Sunday!

Mood I’m in: Stressed. I just read a study that it’s harder for black women to lose weight because we stress eat…damn, is that why I’ve been having a McNugget craving all week?!

Quote of the day: “I fall for you, you do shit to hold me up. Who knows how long a goodbye would have taken.”—from a boy I like that allegedly likes me too. When I say goodbye, it takes about a second, how long does it take in the language you speak in?

3 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

>>I will diss you for my crush/boyfriend.
hence the title of my second blog--evolutionary success.

I encourage my girls to do that. Don't diss your man to hang out with me? Come one. I don't want you, you don't want me and you have a perfectly good man wasting away and pining after you. I mean balance is good-it's good to spend time with your female friends. But when the movie gets scary, I know you don't wanna hold my hand.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger DM said...

See, we could possibly be friends. And I think women who don't do that are playing themselves. I won't be there in the middle of the night...but he will be (hopefully)!

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous belladawn said...

donna that is exactly how u r!
but in a strange way im like that 2! :)
if a good date calls, im out so fast you could speak 2 my breeze! lol
i kinda hold a bit of a grudge sometimes though, depending on the offense of the other person.
thats y we're close cuz i let u do u, & u let me do me
but i still love u!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home