Monday, October 17, 2005

Some Quotes

Here are some interesting quotes I've come across today.

‘‘Any girl can get a date, have a boy in love with her, become engaged and get married. Fix these facts in your mind and believe in them and you will be successful at getting along with boys."---from the 1963 book by Enid A. Haupt called The Seventeen Book of Etiquette and Entertaining.

“Do you know what a nerd is? A nerd is a human being without enough Africa in him or her…You know why music was the center of our lives for such a long time? Because it was a way of allowing Africa in.”---Brian Eno, a quote from the book Hip: The History by John Leland

“It’s important we communicate to tune the fate of this union to the right pitch.”---Common, The Light

"I thought, 'Something is wrong. I have the applause, I have a great band behind me, I live comfortably. ... I was starting to become a victim of fame. Everything was too serious and I wasn't enjoying it."—Ricky Martin in next week’s People Magazine on why he shunned the limelight for a couple years.

“I think some R&B artists are feeding into just saying anything in a song, like rappers do, especially the down-south guys. But that’s what they do. Singing is supposed to be more substance, you know. It’s not supposed to be about something crazy you just repeat over and over again. It’s supposed to tell a story.”---from my upcoming interview with Ginuwine (stay tuned!).

"Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening."---Maya Angelou

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous belladawn said...

good stuff..
especially the maya angelou quote

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Don in Idaho said...

Well, I think its better to have love problems than to have a problem love. I think you fall inti the first group.

Are you and/or any of your "Pink Ghetto" friends interested in helping to get Dr. Condoleezza Rice into the White House?

Click my name to see what we are about. I'm not a leader or anything, in the "Condi movement", but I am dedicated to getting a black woman to be President.

We could sure use you...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home