Monday, November 28, 2005

I Don't Know



"Where do I live/Where is my wife?/I am alone/What's life worth living for?/Where am I going and what am I looking towards?/Where are my kids having their fights?/Calling my name so I can kiss their sores/I'm just a man on the run/It's a fucking bore"
The Other Side, Lenny Kravitz

Wow, it's seemed like four score and seven years since I've written anything for the Ghetto! But I've been enjoying my days of post-turkey afterglow. And though I had all those awful things to say about turkey last week, I have to say my dad made the most fabulous turkey I ever had in my life for T-Giving. Shout outs to him!

But alas, the vacation is over. If I was queen of the Pink Ghetto, best believe I would be at home watching Superhead and Tyra Banks get in each other's asses (figuratively, of course). But since I am just another worker bee in an oppressive system, I am back at work, trying to make a dollar out of 15 cent.

My family was impressively sane this weekend. Considering that all the troublemakers didn't show up for the festivities, people laughed and anxiety was down. Me and my sis Dawn thought it was funny that my teenage cousins consistently bring their boyfriends around the family, and to date, I've only brought one boy around. I guess they just don't attract the clowns that I do.

So I went to the Cove Saturday night. Didn't do much socializing, just watched the beautiful people interact and pose for each other, like Seagram's ad. All the girls, with their fatless waists and cascading hair. All the boys, posted up like Oscar statues, hoping to be admired. I got one compliment, someone telling me I looked too virtuous and innocent to be in the club. Now, I've gotten young-looking, naive and immature. But innocent? No doubt that I try to be good...but virtuous? After rehashing that story last night to Ray, I started to think, maybe I am too damn virtuous and innocent to be in the club.

So what does a club head do when the club leaves her unsatisfied like a two-minute fuck? I don't know. That was the same response I gave a persistant suitor yesterday about why I liked a guy that treats my emotions like road kill. I don't know. I know why I don't like him, though. It's the same response somebody told me last night, when I asked him what does he like. So before the New Year, I need to figure out a little bit of what I like (besides music and sex) and what satisfies me. I'll keep you posted and hopefully all of the tryptophan has worn off and you can be productive at work.

6 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

speaking of recipes--what did you Dad do to the turkey? And does he know you have a friend who calls himself "cockstar"?

Maybe he would do to your friend what he did to the turkey.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger DM said...

I don't know what my dad did to that turkey...it was great though!

Lol, actually he knows my "cockstar" friend by a different moniker. I'm in PR, so I'm sure I could spin it so that my dad would find it acceptable...

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to watch Tyra tonight on Oxygen.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous belldawn said...

man i didnt know about ur articles u shoulda said something this weekend. oh yeah, u did. ;-)

oh yeah the turkey was EXCELLENT!

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site viewsonic pdas handheld Dreampharmaceuticals online order protonix

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home