Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It's Just Another Day Off...


If you haven't noticed, Christmas lights are up, you can hear holiday music in stores and the media has begun it's countdown to the spend-till-your-broke-supposedly-deeply-religious holiday season. Luckily for us over at the Pink Ghetto, this means more activities! However, if you are into the whole celebrating thing, check out this handy site for an African American Thanksgiving (and who made the suggestion for pumpkin pie? Obviously not an African American). My holiday weekend actually starts tonight, as the extended Thanksgiving holiday means more time off to kick it.

If you happend to be off tommorrow (or, like me, you get a short Wednesday) stop by Black Pearl Poetry as Menya Thykeo aka FreeSoul debuts her book of poetry called After Love Fails tonight. Now, if you know Ed Mabrey (who was way harsh to me last week btw) you know each night comes with a sleuth of goodies. So, if you get there between 6:30p.m. and 7:15p.m. for Q&A, book signing with Menya, you get into the poetry night free. College IDs and folks under 20 get in half price. For more info, check out Ed's site.

So I know you don't work Thursday, so check out Dessert at the Brownstone (lots of events there, huh) which will feature music, drinks and a new dessert menu from the BStone Wednesday night. Anyone familiar with the "soul food" establishment knows one of its fatal flaws was a lack of bangin' desserts. So I'll check them out (and you should too) to give them the Pink Ghetto up or down.

Now, if your family is anything like mine (with the exception of my lovely sister and parents) then you'll probably need a drink after dodging questions about your social, sex and recreational drug lives. So, come out to Velvet Rope Thursdays at the Cove. Half priced martinis and $1 beers are whatsup.

I'll keep you posted on the end of the week happenings once I hear more...until then don't overeat, turkey is poisonous and white people slaughtered the Native Americans...Happy Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger edmabrey said...

Thanks for the shout out and for coming out Donna. Of course, I was not harsh towards you sweet dearheart. I DID however state that people that ask or throw their hands up and go "pick me to judge...pick me" are normally the ones you don't want to pick. And guess what? YOU-the person who threw their hand up in the air to judge, was the ONLY judge to throw their hand up and say, "Excuse me but I got to leave part way thru the slam."
hmmmm.
So, harsh? No.
Honest? yes.
But I still love you pooh-butt.
Make sure to come out the next few weeks will be off the hook.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

My Thanksgiving was fantastic and yours? BTW--what's this objection about the pumpkin pie?

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Free ezine advertising online Bathtub drain overflow nickel vacation rental 3 bathrooms How to crack cpanel bodybuilding and atkins Dissolution rate of pain relievers care product selling skin top download warez cpanel

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home