Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's The Weekend Again, Already!

I'm just now recovering from last weekend and starting to suffer from the sleepiness of this one! But, as always, there are lots of things to do and events to support, so let's do it!

Thursday

Before you go home for work, stop by the Columbus Urban League for the Entrepreneurial Explosion featuring advice about starting your own business for young and upcoming forward thinking folks. The Urban Author will be in the house, signing copies of his book, 79 Ways 2 Die and speaking a little about the world of self publishing. Incentive: the event is free and free food will be provided. This event is from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

The Cove and the Opium will be having the regular Thursday night activites. I will be in the house watching Making The Band...haven't seen it in a while and I have no idea what's going on. I hope my girl Aubrey is still in the house...

Friday

I am going to try to stay in the house and chill Friday night, but if I'm drug out the house it will probably be to hang wih some friends I haven't seen in a while. But I'll be in the bed early, because a chick is tired, tired, tired!

Saturday

OK, so if you live in Columbus and want to spare tongue-lashings all day, amke sure you say "Go Bucks" to someone at least once. It is the annual Michigan-Ohio State game day, so now is a good time to be munching on wings somewhere or shopping, because everything will be empty. I don't know if this game has morphed into a holiday of sorts or gang activity. Whatever you do, don't wear blue unless you want to suffer the consequences, nephew.

If the Buckeyes win and our city is spared for another year, make sure you check out The Midwest Hip Hop Showcase at the Columbus Convention Center from 3-11 p.m. DJ/Dancer/Producer BHB puts on this event each year and has for almost a decade! There will be performances, emcee battles...last year I seen people getting tattoos. For more info, check out www.BHB4U.com.

Happy Birthday to Cove owner Bobby Ferguson! I will be out ina sexy, strapping number to celebrate his birthday at the Cove. This is invite only folks, so if you don't have an invitation yet, you may have to go somewhere else Saturday night.

If I were you, I would check out the Redzone for their two-year anniversary party, featuring Jazze Pha, T.I. and Cee-Lo. Shit, I may have to stop by there sometime during Saturday night.

Sunday

Boondocks! I may have to miss it because In8 is bringing back the Esoteric Movements to Zola on North High. You know I love to get my grown and sexy on.

Of course, next week is Thanksgiving so there will be lots of holiday action for me to report on. Stay posted and I'll stay out and about!

3 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger ishyah said...

Yo, i was just talking about the Boondocks with my new man. He was trying to get me to remember when they were a comic strip in the paper. I can vaguely remember the dude with the big fro. Anyway, this show sounds like it's the bomb. So, we're gonna watch it at his crib on Sunday night, laugh real hard, then have sex. :) m 2 da c

 
At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Free full version bingo games http://www.fireplace-shelves.info/concreat-hot-tub-plans.html Imitrex strokesalesorderonlinebuy

 
At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home