Friday, November 04, 2005

This Weekend

Hey people. How you doin? My name is Donna. Last name Marbury. It’s Friday already! And if you missed Talisha Holmes’ awesome performance last night, with guest appearances by Ed Mabrey…well, I don’t know how you’re going to forgive yourselves. But stay posted, because the vocalist will be doing a lot more things, so look out. Shout outs to percussionist Ron Hope who was busy as hell backing Talisha, shaking things, hitting things and strumming things to make her sound dope. And I thought my job was hard! Also shout outs to my boy Naton of N-Focus Photography in celebration of his 24th birthday. Ladies, Scorpios can be hazardous to your health! (He’ll hate me for that one!)

Friday

So the crew is trying to talk me into First Fridays tonight, and it’s a special occasion. My friend Cinnamon’s brother is back from serving the country and wants to celebrate, bitches. So if you want to buy a soldier a round, hit up Confluence Park’s River Club for appetizers, drinks and kickin’ it.

Luckily I didn’t go to Finesse Friday’s at the Coliseum last week like I planned. Somebody got shot up there…damn, Columbus!

Saturday

I’m so glad the weekend forecast is so nice for Columbus…I can squeeze in one more Gallery Hop for the year! I’ll be on the lookout for eclectic Christmas presents, everybody doesn’t want gift cards, you know.

I may go check out Jarhead, the new movie featuring Jamie Foxx, at one of the city’s newest movie houses, the Drexel Gateway.

Sunday

I am catching up on some reading…I am currently thumbing though He’s Just Not That Into You (thanks to Rhyan), Hip: The History and some books on freelancing.

At 11p.m., I’ll be checking out the Boondocks cartoon on the Cartoon Network. Can’t wait to hear what Huey’s talking about! This shit isn’t for kids, hopefully obvious by the time slot and it being on during Adult Swim.

I’ll also be getting ready for next week (wait until you hear what’s going on then!)

Song I’m Feeling: Crazy in Love, Beyonce. Love will make you do some crazy stuff, I tell you.

Website to check out: This one for the new cast on Celebrity Fit Club 3. Young MC (looking like he hasn’t busted a move since the early 90s), Countess Vaughn (The Parker’s), Tempest Bledsoe (Vanessa from the Cosby Show) and Cher’s daughter Chastity Bono will be grinding to drop some pounds this time around. Can’t wait to see that!

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous belladawn said...

man i wish i coulda went 2hear talisha!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home