Monday, December 12, 2005

I Got a Love Jones

Okay, everybody break out their Usher CDs…I got a confession. And this is something that is real weird for me. I mean, I have an afro. I am an urban culture critic. I started buying Coke, even though I don’t drink pop (or soda or whatever you call it) because they used Mya and Common in their commericals. My blog’s the Pink Ghetto! But it’s time to call it what it is…I have a thing for white boys.

Last week, I had this white guy try to holler at me. And his game was so tight, I had one leg out my pants before I knew it! (not really guys) But he was so appreciative of my blackness and accepting of my voluptuousness, I figure I would give him a chance and talk to him, which has spawned my…curiosity.

And I’m not in to the tall Italian, Greek stallion ones either. It’s the earthy, stoned, wild hair ones. I don’t know what it is…I’ve been trying to blame it on everything…my recent heartbreak, my increased love for pop music, my subscription to Blender magazine. I don’t know what it is. But I can hide it no longer. Here’s a list of white boys who, given the opportunity, I’d swirl my chocolate ice cream with:

1. John Mayer
OK, so I’ve been sweating John Mayer forever, first on a strictly artistic level. But since he’s grown his hair out a little and got some blues about him…he is oh so sexy. Of all the men on the list, he has a 99.89 percent chance of getting it from me. I’m a music writer, so don’t think I won’t be able to really find this guy…

2. Jake Gyllenhaal
He had me at Jarhead…and even though he’s in a homoerotic cowboy flick now, I still think his big blue eyes are sexy.

3. Robin Thicke
I’ve always thought he was hot…but he’s got a new style and hanging with Pharrell always makes one hotter.

4. Nigel Barker
Okay, so this ANTM judge is half Sri Lanken and half British (as we just found out a couple weeks ago) but he has always been smoldering hot, to me. He’s probably the only non-white looking white guy on the list.

5. Jason Mraz
Mr. A-Z is my newest discovered hottie. I guess I go for the artsy, long-haired types regardless of race!

Mood for today: I phucked around and ended up back somewhere between Step2 and Step 3 in my 10-step plan to fall out of love. I wasn't ready for my phuck'em dress, I guess. I listed to a little Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani and thought I was confident enough to bumb into this guy...but I wasn't. I warned you guys this could happen. I should've explained that the plan isn't as linear as I would've hoped. But I'm getting it together!

Song For Today: "I sit alone, waiting patient/For you to return to me/And I can't believe just how long you have plans to take it/If you don't know by now what mistake you're makin'/Then you'll never know"

How I Feel, Brandy. Afrodisiac was soooo slept on...this was Brandy's best album.

Word For Today: Cowgirl up. Check it out and use it in a sentence today!

5 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

girl you are brave. You actually put thought into action and listened to what the white man had to say.

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Jamila said...

Hey I found your card.. thought I would check out your blog..I love it!! Wow you are soo talented!! Well Just thought I would say how much of a fan I am now! Oh by the way u left off my boy Orlando Bloom now thats a fine white guy!! Love me some him for real!!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger DM said...

Hey Jamila! Thanks so much for the props! Orlando Bloom is a hottie..I also forgot Colin Farrell...he's cute too. Thanks for strolling through the Ghetto!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Kahnma said...

haha, Donna likes white boys...LOL goahead and get your swirl on miss pink ghetto. i can't even say i'm mad atcha, cause if i can get me a little peice of cloony action, ooh chile, ( cliché i know) but he's hot. i kinda like the dude from maroon five too. the one that's on the Kanye song. i think he is so sexy. haha, maybe i like white boys too, my brothers ain't leaving me with no options right now. step it up black men.
xoxo

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

I love Nigel too. He's beautiful. Plus, if a white boy wants to take me out and treat me right then I'm ok with that!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home