Friday, January 20, 2006

Space My Ass


I don’t know if I’ve told you. But I don’t believe in the space program. Well, I believe in it about as much as I believe in Santa. I think the whole idea of space exploration is a way the government pacifies us. I don’t believe people really go to space. That is the most absurd thing in the world to me.

If you’ve ever seen those awesome photos NASA sends to the media and compare it to anything you’ve seen in a space movie, there is hardly a difference. Thanks to my mother (who usually isn’t a conspiracy theorist) I’ve swallowed a healthy distrust for space exploration.

Well, this morning while watching The Today Show, I heard that NASA is sending a $700 million probe into space for nine years (Pluto is three billion miles away) to take a 30-minute photo shoot of the planet. How do we know that this thing isn’t going into the air, and disappearing (or spying on us) while some studio is producing all these fantastic images? I just don’t think people can make something that is strong enough to withstand a near decade of space travel, and be able to generate crisp and clear pictures like that. And if it is, then it is probably being used to capture images of every American in their daily lives, or collecting our credit card numbers while we shop or watching us pick our nose or something.

Could our government not find anything better to do with $700 million? See how much your president is willing to spend to divert your attention?

I'm not the only one who thinks space travel is bogus. Check out this website and this website.

7 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

maybe you should save up and buy a ticket and go see for yourself. They actually do sell rides into space.

But still, how do you reconcile the people who have been killed exiting or reentering the atmosphere?

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger DM said...

OK, so now I've opened myself to sounding like a nutcase! Let me rephrase...people may be going into space...they aren't landing on anything. And I feel horrible about the people who die reneterting. I just think the whole idea of space travel is suspicious...I don't think they go everytime, if at all...

I don't know what I have to back that up, but that's what I believe!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Space travel is bunk. Inner city schools are crumbling and people can't afford to go see a doctor, but you can spend $700 million on some bullshit? Stupid.

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous belladawn said...

$700 million 4 a 30 minute photo.. couldnt they send that down 2 mississippi, alabama, & louisiana? they got people down there sleepin in "project trailerhome/tents"? & thats the biggest disaster in AMERICAN history?

AIDS research? AIDS is infecting & killing BLACK WOMEN at the highest rates ever in america?!

um cant they spend that somewhere 2 make gas prices cheaper!?

or give it 2 iraq so they can handle their own b.i & send the troops home!?

or damn can i get my reparations?

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Lu said...

That is a monumental waste of money for a damn picture that may not come out focused. The camera equipment I could buy with that money!!!

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. infiniti dealers mass securities fraud lawyer aqua tech aquarium filter cartridge installation Arizona agriculture centre meridia legal free unlock code for blackberry 6710 Legal aid solicitors uk lamictal Where ot buy 400mg depakote

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home