Thursday, January 12, 2006

To Pass the Time...


Listening to: Feel Like Makin' Love by D'Angelo. There is a different song with the same name by a rock band. It rocks out too. My college roommate (a white chick) said her and her boyfriend used to do it to the song. I told her to listen to D'Angelo's version and the sex would be better. What a great way to pass the time!

Looking at: Outside the window of my office is a funeral parlor. One day, my coworkers and I noticed men loading up trucks and trucks with all these caskets. We didn't know WTF to think. A lady I work with said those were probably old models and they were bringing in new ones. That was one possibility...

Smelling: The panini gyro I had for lunch, it was yummy. Went to this little deli downtown called The Network Cafe. For all you clubheads, it's right next to the Cove. Had one of those 'men ain't shit' conversations and started to think when I would meet somebody who would change my working definition.

Lusting after: The new Anthony Hamilton CD, going home and listening to Isaac Hayes, a nap (preferably with a boy).

Wondering: Why no one has answered my text message to kick it tonight. The crew is on a bit of a hiatus/strike. Which is cool. But I'm going stir crazy!

Wishing: I could click my heels together three times and be outside writing. Or at home watching SpongeBob, laughing.

Moral of this post: I knew listening to Voodoo would put me into a dreamy, lazy, sexy, sleepy, Spring-time mood. I remember the first time I knew I wanted to be a journalist was after reading a D'Angelo interview in Honey Magazine...had to be in 1999. So I know this CD works up some type of feeling in me. I usually only listen to this CD on hot Sundays. But alas, I've brought it to work and frustrated myself. Oh bother...

9 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

Is that D'Angelo "Feel like Making Love" a cover of Roberta Flack's? I have never heard D'Angelo's, but before you get mad, tell me if you've heard Susan Tedeschi's "angel from Montgomery"? ha! Didn't think so. Really you should hear how she lifted a BB King sound and put it right onto "It hurts so bad".
Okay, I wandered off the topic but it's Friday so I can do that.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger DM said...

Yes, the D'Angelo song is a Roberta Flack cover. I like ROberta's version, but D'Angelo is just sexy.

I will check out that Susan Tedeschi and BB King song...expand my repetoire. Thanks!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Inside Man said...

The Voodoo album was dope. What's happening with that brotha, last I seen he was looking cracked out and unkempt.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger lady_in_purple said...

man, my boarding school roommate used to play bad company all the time! so that's why i know their version of "feel like making love", not d'angelo's. in fact, i have to admit i haven't even heard the voodoo album :/ i will get on that though...

by the way- how's the gym going?!? i have been 2 times this week and will try my best to go sat and sun.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Quel said...

I certainly hope you've learned your lesson...never listen to D'Angelo at work!

I miss him.

I miss Honey magazine too!

I was thee with them from the very beginning...I still have every issue...except the Aaliyah tribute, which never came in the mail and I never got a chance to backorder it.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

I loved Voodoo. More than Brown Sugar. There were a lot of sexy songs on that album. It was sad to see what happened to him. Musical genius!

 
At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home