Monday, January 30, 2006

You Might Think I'm Crazy, But I'm Serious

Lately I’ve been really concerned about my image. Hence the Kanye West diet, not going out as much, etc. So I’ve been letting out my inner Tyra Banks and practicing some looks…you can see some of my pics on my MySpace page. My girl Linia, who is an awesome photographer, promised me a photo shoot…but I think I look funny on camera. What I’ve learned about the way I photograph so far is:
  • I have a camera-lazy eye. My left-eye isn’t that noticeably smaller than my right one in real life. Something happens with the flash when I’m in pictures that phucks with my eye. So I have to make sure my eyes are opened wide.

  • My eyes just look overall littler in pictures. My eyes are really big in real life…but in most pics, they look like slits.

  • My hair doesn’t photograph well. In some of the MySpace pics, my hair is like a massive mess. But, it was really coily and cute. So lighting must be the culprit for that.

  • I need to practice my non-smiling look. And make it come across as me looking a certain way and not just non-smiling.

  • I should start practicing body shots to see what makes me look the most flattering. More of those to come.

I watched the 40-Year-Old-Virgin yesterday. My ex told me he thought that society was making fun of the idea that a man could be a virgin at 40 years old. I told him he was overreacting, like he always does. I don’t know how funny I thought the movie was…but I was just wondering if men really jump through all those kind of hoops to get women interested in them. I don’t do anything (besides lipgloss) to get boys’ attention. Boys are so silly sometimes.

Speaking of lipgloss, MAC has a new line…damn this budget I’m on!

Shout outs to Elevator Music’s Dion for stressing the importance of the movie Rize to me last night. I promise I’ll watch it sometime this week.

Me and my girl PTosh did some excruciating step aerobics Friday night. Me and Tosh were all over the place confused and uncoordinated and out of breath and messing up. But so was everybody else, so we didn’t feel bad. The instructor gave us a personal little pep talk beforehand, but luckily with Tosh she doesn’t make me feel stupid for looking stupid. I love her for that.

Check out Creamy Crack today, my girl Dawn Dickson talk a little bit about her hair and color.

Mood: Wow, this has been the most abnormal January in a while. It was 60 degrees yesterday, and the weather has just been superb. So my mood has been light, despite a few folks who have been disrespectful of my time and talent. Learning to be fluid and unattached…


Song For Today: Bailar by Aloe Blacc…this song is on the J.Rawls Essence of Soul CD, yuo can hear the song

10 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

re My ex told me he thought that society was making fun of the idea that a man could be a virgin at 40 years old.

I agree 100% and I thought it sent an unwelcome message to men overall. I have a younger brother and I am blissfully clueless about his sex-life or lack thereof. But I hate the idea that there is pressure put on him and his friends (who I consider my younger brothers too) to get rid of their virginity like it's an extra toe or a cancerous mole.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger DM said...

I think the movie begins kind of making fun of old boy's virginity...but then everyone accepts it and he is happier because he waited until marriage. But I think the reverse message was sex shouldn't be scary or over-hyped...it's something special between two people (as birds chirp and flowers blossom).

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

that new mac line does look hot!! You should have seen me at african dance the first 2 times it was awful but like you said I was not the only one!lol

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

I love step. I've been doing it for years. Once you get it then it's all muscle memory.

The 40 year-old virgin was funny because if you honestly met a 40 year-old man who hadn't sex you'd think he was a freak. I know I would.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

Oh, yeah, and what is the Kanye West Diet?

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Anita said...

I used to take terrible pix, until I realized that they came out that way because I expected them to. Girl, embrace your inner Diva and bring her out to play whenever you are in front of a camera. It really does help to "love" the camera. Pretend it's a good friend or a "really good" friend and see if that makes a difference. I'm not saying roll around on the ground or anything; just embrace it as a friend and don't put your dukes up or run from it like it's the enemy.

I feel you on the MAC thing. I have to stay away from that counter unless I absolutely need something, and then I have to resist walking out w/ $80 worth of stuff when all I needed was $13 lip gloss.

must....stay....strong

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

LEt me know how the chrome thing from Mac goes on....cuz er um I love the way they look

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... integra acura manuals 2004 acura nsx 0 60 butalbital extraction methods Dodge error codes Matue large tits Printer cartridges cartridge lexmark x75 Suzuki auto engine parts childrens asthma yoga http://www.orgy-movies.info/Deeptroat-blowjobs.html sheets waterbed Installation of nsa ice maker water filters Car seat cover volkswagen Drug food frys store acura type m wing Acura dealer ca Dl promotion site web acura tsx interior accessories acura 22 cl parts Carolina auto dealer

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Cabot trail camping Motorcycle auction motorcycle repair motorcycle eyewear Free credit report december 1 2004 hummer spy cam remote control toy

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home