Friday, February 24, 2006

Damn Spinning Class!

Tried to do something new and went to a spinning/cycling class at the gym last night. I’ve come to the conclusion that people are African descent just aren’t cut out for this kind of thing (or maybe it’s just me PTosh and her husband).

The seats were hard and narrow. My ass hurts so bad, I can barely stand to sit down. And my knees…I don’t understand how Lance Armstrong and those guys do it. I don’t have the juiciest ass, nowhere near it. But what little rump I have didn’t fit comfortably on the seat. I couldn’t imagine being a boy and having to do that. It was a miserable, miserable work out. I woke up this morning feeling like somebody beat me with a five-pound bag of potatoes in the middle of the night. The peddles are only for half of your foot. I didn't know you were supposed to wear special spinning shoes that click into the damn peddles. Everything from the roota to the toota is feeling rusty this morning. Damn spinning class…I won’t be taking that again.

On to cheerier things: Tonight I will be checking out The Official Starving Artists Party being held at Barrister Hall, 560 S. High starting at 8:30 p.m. There will be all kinds of poets, singers, rappers, you name it representing. The cost? $3 for men, free for ladies. So you broke ladies (like me) should make an attempt to be in the building.

Hair: Check out Creamy Crack and see why I don’t shampoo my hair…and yes it’s clean!

Song For Today: Deep Inside by Mary J. Blige. I got some flack for lightweight dissin her the other day. So here’s a MJB song I really love.

6 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Lol! Spinning is a tough work out, but you really see results in your ass and thighs. Not that I've done it in years, but when I did I was toned. You might want to try it again and maybe a beginners class.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

last year i did some spinning classes and loved it the first 2 or three are hard but after that it gets easier. you will notice a difference in your bottom half.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

I HATE SPINNING!
I took a class once and it was killing my cooch (sorry but it was) and I had to walk out in the middle of the class. I just couldnt. Good for you for sticking it out though!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger DM said...

Well...I didn't actually finish the class. I stayed after my best friend left...but I left before her husband. We all left in like two minutes intervals.

That's definately a ball/cooch buster.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger notyouraverage.... said...

different bike models/seats feel better or worse. you could opt to buy your own gel seat, to make it cushier - but it does take a bit getting used to the seat, regardless. it's a great sweat/cardio burn, if you ever decide to try it again.

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Antique jewelry auctions Hemroids effexor

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home