Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Goal Oriented

The saying goes, the more you know, the more you grow, right? Well, I have been purposely trying to come across the least information as possible…yet my learning has been tremendous. Being a housecat has caused me to really understand what I need out of life. I’ve accomplished a lot of the things I wanted to before, so now it’s time for me to set a new batch of goals. How am I going to get there?

Work out until I look like my avatar
You see my avatar over there? She is very svelte and sexy. You see her thighs? Now, sometimes, when my hair is crinkly, I kind of look like her. Except that she is skinnier than me. I’m well on my way, though. I’ve worked out consecutively for the past month and a half. So the Kanye West workout plan is going great! Go Donna!

Go to IKEA
Me and my best friend PTosh are planning a trip to Pittsburgh to buy up some stuff at IKEA. So, okay, we are a little late of the IKEA trend, but trust me: I’m going to have the flyest bed in Columbus. Maybe you’ll be lucky enough to see it.

Stop using ‘so’ in my writing
Oh, this is a hard one. Sometimes I have posts or interviews where all of the paragraphs start off with ‘so.’ My friends have noticed, and Dove, my editor for AllHipHop.com, told me enough with the madness. So no more excessive ‘so.’

Get organized
Okay, this is always somebody’s goal. But my organization is easy as making folders on my computer to keep track of my freelance projects. That’s the least I could do. I can do that this weekend, huh?

Stay on my budget
Thanks to the awesomely fabulous Jackie Stepherson, I am on my way to being financially stable and home ownership! She heard my complaining and put my ass on a sensible budget. I even have money for lip gloss! So the closer I get to my own crib, the more I’ll let you know.

Date more
I’ve been entertaining too many losers and it’s time for me to broaden my horizons. I haven’t been taking my own advice. I told myself when the shit with the ex hit the fan, that I needed to avoid the guy…and I haven’t been. But I am now, so guys who like sushi and sake are the next on my list.

Eat a new food once a month
I eat the same thing every week: salmon, tilapia, ground turkey or turkey sausage. And I cook it the same way. So for February, I need to figure out what I can eat new…

Mood: The sun and nice temperatures (plus the fact that I have some extra doe) has got me in a great disposition.

Song For Today: Heaven by Tweet. It feels so good to get rid of dead weight.

Hair: I promise, promise, promise Creamy Crack updates are coming this week. I haven’t had the time to sit at my computer and upload the pics!

Interview: Check out my interview with Daron Jones of 112 on AllHipHop.com today. For all you men who can’t stand Keyshia Cole (like my boy Naton) he’s the one who wrote “I Should Have Cheated.”

11 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

>>so guys who like sushi and sake are the next on my list

does that mean you might be considering giving an Asian cutie a chance?

Or is this just another veiled reference to Mr.Mayer

congrats on the progress. I wore myself out on Monday morning so I've been limping all week.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger DM said...

@ God's Child: Ha! I seeyou know your John Mayer history! Of course I would date him, given the opportunity!

I never meet Asian men. I would go out with one if the opportunity arose, I guess. The statistics say that there are more single black women and Asian men in America than any other demographic. So it's possible.

I just have never met any guy open minded enough to try sushi...that would be so refreshing!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

Nice posts! - Advice about Ikea though, if you buy the bed be prepared to buy a new one like 2 years from now. I love Ikea but their stuff isnt made to last that long.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger DM said...

Thanks for the Ikea advice! That's good to know especially the way I "gets down".

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous belladawn said...

im glad u got ur swagger back.. i would like jackie's help on a budget 2!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

hey donna,
please let me how to get on this budget. I want be financially stable and have my own condo within the next 2 years

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Ms. Pretty Green Eyes said...

Watch what you wish for...I had an old Asian man hit on me (well, actually solicit me, and Cinnamon for that matter, for sex) and I was scurred!!!

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

 
At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Pre-cancer vs cancer Mozilla4.76 macintosh u ppc netscape web design Ibuprofin dosages for osteoarthritis pain relief Nike laptop bags http://www.vicodin9.info

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home