Friday, February 17, 2006

Hip Hop Quotables

No barking from the dog, no smog and Moms cooked breakfast with no hog. I drove in the fast lane on my way into work. And I never drive in the fast lane, because I’m never in a rush to get to this muthaphucka. Even though I went to bed around 2p.m. (thanks to Curve Entertainment and their fab party at Cove) I was kind of invigorated. Last night, I learned some basic house dancing movement from Rich Jones, san dredlocs. Everybody’s de-loccing nowadays. He looked hot, so that’s all that matters. Also ran into some folks from Elevator Music, and was bumping Rashad’s Electric Love coming down 71 South this morning. My girls Akilah and Dawn were in the building (briefly) but were still looking fly. Shout outs to DJ O Sharp, who played the Double Dutch Bus and Single Life by Cameo. Owww! Also big shout outs to DJ Ororo and DJ Sparrow, especially the How I Feel, Brandy house-mix. Good stuff! And the roll dawgs were in the building: my homie Jessica and I are getting our workout on. My girl Linia was getting mad holla of the photography tip. And, as always, ReuEl was looking and smelling debonair (thanks to Reu, I have a thing for men’s cologne now).

I met this boy when I was 19 years old, and what I loved most is that he had so much soul. Out of the blue comes one of my once closest buddies from the WSU days, with all kinds of good news and positive-ness. I am excited and anxious to be in his life again. The next couple months are going to be great. Cleveland shout outs to JayBo!

With the boys a lot of flirting involved but dawg fuck all that flirting I'm trying to get in some draws so she put me on with these hoes homey's she said don't rush to get grown drive slow homey Shout outs to my girl Elaina as she celebrates her 25th birthday this weekend. I always brag that Elaina is my smartest friend (no offense to my other friends). But she is the only person I know who can watch Jeopardy and answer every question. She taught me so much about life. Thanks to Elaina, I now know:


-You cannot take shots of Paul Mason

-You should always have honey packets with you, you never know when you might need it (you may be surprised with a biscuit)

-Every line dance ever made

-How to make Egg Foo Yung

-Belly is still a wack movie

-But The Best Man is the bomb

-That the Sims and Grand Theft Auto are addictive

-You should never glue in a quick weave

-How to freak a Black N Mild

This list could go on forever. Hopefully I can make it to her party this weekend. If not, she knows that I love her.

Me and my nigga we roll together like Batman and Robin, we prayed together through hard times, swung hard when it was fittin’…On top of old friends becoming new friends again, I can’t wait to get my hair done this evening after sweating it out at the gym…PTosh is a doll face!

Song For Today: I feel so alive inside when ideals come to me about you and I know you feel the same when you hear my song for you…

I got up and ate, drank a brew and caught a page from the crew sayin’ where yout at? Later, meet us up at the plat bring a sack, ayo it’s Saturday, it’s gonna be fat If not Toledo, than the Urban Bush Women Dance Concert on Saturday, a photo shoot and some Absynthe on Sunday (will check out Boondocks as well) I have no excuse not to make it to the Bling exhibit at CCAD on Sunday also. Finally, my interview with Kem on Monday. Holla at your girl-girl (I hate that phrase) if something interesting is going on.

Be proud of me…I knew all these lyrics off the top of my head!

5 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger princessdominique said...

This is a great post. I've loving your blog!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Love the Ice Cube quote to start it all off. Very nice. I have a friend like Elaina. Aren't they the best??

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous belladawn said...

1,2 1,2.. I love this post.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

Sims is ADDICTIVE I just spent the whole weekend playing that thing

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! video editing schools

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home