Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hipped To Some Game

After having a rather intense conversation about En Vogue last night, I pulled out my CD single for Don’t Let Go (Love) that had Hold On as a b-side. I listened to that CD on the way to work this morning and I learned two things.

1. I miss En Vogue and there has been no girl group to take their place.
2. I’ve been going about this love thing all wrong.

Well, I kind of knew the last one, but I pinpointed what it is:

Oooh, my first mistake was
I wanted too much time
I had to have him morning, noon and night
If I would have known then
The things that I know now
I might not have lost
The time I complain about

The Funky Divas were trying to hip me to some game back in the 90s, but I wasn’t hearing it.

I’ve been watching a lot of TV…well let’s be more specific. I’ve been watching a lot of VH1. Slate Magazine wrote an interesting article about why the channel has become so popular. Well, here are some of the things I’ve watched in the past week:

DMC: My Adoption Journey
DMC of the infamous group Run-DMC was adopted and just found out five years ago. This show was especially touching for people who have been adopted, but at the time me and PTosh were talking about being black and lacking identity. If regular reality TV turns you off, you should check this out because it is in documentary style.

Kimora Lee Simmons: New York Fashion Week
New girl crush alert:::::I think Kimora is the hottest thing! After watching this show and loving her attitude, I am going to get her new book and see if I can be sassy, bossy and loving. She is the bomb, to me!

Black.White
Have you heard of this show? A black family will be made over to be white and a white family is made over to be black. Both families live in the same house and dialogue about their racial experiences. This isn’t on VH1, but is sure to be a controversy.

Project Runway
Who watches this? Who will win? This show is cool, even though Heidi Klum has about as much personality as a thimble. She does win cool points for being married (and very noticeably knocked-up) by Seal and the show is one that highlights the life behind fashion design. I want Chloe to win, but I don’t know if she wants to win. The finale is a couple weeks away, but check out the website to see t-shirts each designer made for the show. I think I might buy one.

Tonight: I’ll be at Black Pearl Poetry with feature Dasha Kelly. Come check it out!

5 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous belladawn said...

I love project runway thats my favorite show! i love chloe 2, but i think dan is the man... i still think santino might whip somethin up thats beautiful, & normal & still win though. I didnt get 2 c kimora lee's show, (who i love 2,) she's on the cover of vibe vixens though... that race show seems really interesting... i got alot 2 dvr man!
:)

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

I have yet to watch Project Runway. I am trying to cut down my TV consumption.

I heard that En Vogue was making a come back. Hopefully it's better than the New Edition come back. That was terrible.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger DM said...

I was rather disappointed in the NE comeback...I think they were too. Puffy was trying to make them into something they weren't. I'd still pay top dollor to see them....and En Vogue together. They just don't make groups like they used to, I tell you!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

Ugh I'm mad I missed the DMC documentary. I really did want to see that, but if I know VH1 they will be showing that in repeat so I need to check out for it

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

Kimora? boo.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home