Monday, March 20, 2006

E is for Emu Eggs


I had an eclectic and hectic weekend. I went on two dates:

The first was with my girl PTosh to Whole Foods in Dublin. We are both on a slow track to becoming vegetarians that involved us slowly eliminating certain foods from our diet. So far, I have eliminated dairy* and pork. Next up: red meat.

*Now, I do eat cheese and yogurt, because 1. milk and ice cream has the most lactose in it and that what causes the most problems and 2. soy cheese is gross.

So Whole Foods is a Kroger’s-sized store full of organic and wholesome alternatives to the crap sold in regular stores. I am ready to do a week’s worth of grocery shopping, when I walk in. But then I see oranges for $1.29 each. And a pint of blackberries for $3. Eggs are three for $1. Damn, it costs a lot to be healthy! The craziest thing at Whole Foods are the emu eggs, which are about the size of a grapefruit, that they sell for $20 each. A $20 egg is the craziest thing I’ve ever seen! I can imagine cracking that bad boy open, and a baby emu being inside. What the hell do you cook with an emu egg? If anybody has a recipe, I swear I’ll go buy one and eat it.

From Whole Foods, I bought some eight dollar Burt Bee’s soap and some two dollar body wash. My arms are a little too short to box with Whole Foods

I went to see V For Vendetta Saturday evening. It is an awesome mix of real-world politics, theatrics and Matrix-style cinematography. Hugo Weaving was the sexiest, masked, burned-up, not revealed villian/vigillante in a move since...well I don't know when. Call me a crazy, freak but there was something regally attractive about V. This is the same guy that played Agent Smith in the Matrix movies. Anyways, I can’t wait to see it again and again.

I had a dream last night that I won an Oscar for best supporting actress. I was in What’s Love Got To Do With It. And I came into work the next day! They announced my win at the staff meeting. This tells me:

1. I’m becoming way too attached to this job though…
2. I can still get famous while working here.

I’m processing all this info and trying to make some moves, trust me. I’ll let you know how things progress.

Song For Today: Only You by Portishead

9 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger notyouraverage.... said...

it is unfortunate that to eat healthy, is way more expensive. but i'm tyring to go that route too.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

I try to buy a mix of organic and non-organic food. The best thing you can do in terms of veggies is to buy a vegetable cleaner, which they sell at some health food stores. Then you can buy regular veggies and just wash them real good.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

Yes girl expensive as hell! But its so worth it...how important is your health to you. I go to the wholefoods here and its like eeek but I gots to do it!
So your really doing the vegetarian thing? that is cool...I unno. I might have to send you some vegetarian meat that they sell through my church some of that stuff is so GOOD you forget its not real meat but I still gotta have my chicken. lol

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

You go girl with being healthy and I LOVED V FOR VENDETTA. It was a great movie and I will definitely buy this when it comes out. I didn't know that Agent Smith was V, that's cool

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Spiraling rings spirit Imitrex tab 100mg Hammer chevrolet sheridan wyoming Ricky carmichael backpacks wholesale rhinestone reader eyeglasses Make blackberry dumply arthritis pain arthritis pain relief pain relief Video clip pamela anderson fucking replacement parts for toastmaster model 1195 http://www.ameriplan-dental-insurance.info/dental-supply-online.html jennifer sofas in Home floor plans 5 bedrooms processing credit card payment Brake pads 2000 volvo s80 outfitters Document projector

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... ovens Decks patios driveways leopolis wisconsin Anti-gravity chairs louisville alumni license plate frames Nature made fiber clear dietary supplement does valtrex work on cold sores girls in sauna free gallery naked air wall saunas Buy+line+propecia Euro apteka tabletki antykoncepcyjne yasmin Tooth+pain+relief

 
At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info film editing schools

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home