Thursday, March 23, 2006

Racism 101


You can tell a white person is racist by the way he or she says the name Arnold Schwarzenegger

-If the white person says his name really slow, emphasizing the nay-gar, they aren't racist.

-If the white person blatantly says Schwarzenigger, well...

You can tell a white person is racist by his or her opinion of the FX series Black.White

-If the white person thinks he or she is learning something by the vivid portrayal of race relations in America, they are racist.

-If the white person thinks the show is dumb because the white people look like white people in bad makeup, they aren't racist.

9 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

Do you like this show? Oprah had the cast on her show a couple of weeks ago, I haven't seen it yet.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger DM said...

I think the show is kind of dumb because if I saw the made up people, I would look at them in a Wacko Jacko kind of way. I just don't think they look like the other race.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

wow, that simple, huh.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

lol. my friend was talking to me about it again yesterday. I want to check it out but ehh I dont know.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Georgia D in MN said...

I agree- with the Wacko-Jacko thing.. but it was 'good' in theroy..

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger DM said...

Yeah Georgia...I think the theory was a good one. Maybe a documentary style...not in reality tv, you know?

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger GoddessNoir said...

The only one who looked convincing to me was the little white girl. Actually, I thought she was prettier when she was black then how she actually is. The show is kind of dumb though, you're right.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the show would have been more interesting had they 1.) made the make-up even remotely believable and 2.) dress the white people up as black people and put them in a room full of WHITE people to see how they get treated, and dress the black people up as white and put them with all black people to see how they get treated as a white person.

would have been way more effective if it showed each person the racism of their own culture. maybe open their eyes to how they treat others...

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home