Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Startling Facts

Did you know that people born in 1987 can now buy cigarettes? I was leaving Meijer’s yesterday, and a sign said 1987 to buy cigarettes, 1984 to buy alcohol! I remember births from 1987…damn I’m getting old.

I hate to even tell you guys this. I got an email yesterday saying that Hoopz from Flavor of Love will be hosting a night at the Obvious in Columbus (you know, the same club where Maurice Clarett robbed somebody). This goes down March 24. Don’t believe me, check out Hoopz’ site for the flyer.

More on Michael Ealy: I would be his Shar Jackson based solely on his performance in Their Eyes Were Watching God.

Isaac Hayes has quit South Park, after years of playing Chef. He says he doesn’t like the way the show portrays religion. This after a show about Scientology. I love Isaac Hayes, and will keep my comments on him strictly music-based.

Umar Bin Hassan of The Last Poets will be doing his thing at Black Pearl Poetry tonight. For those with no history, the group is one of the founding fathers of Hip Hop. You heard The Corner by Common…yeah, that was him. The Brownstone, 8:30 p.m. Be there or be square.

I have a very exciting interview this evening…one I can’t even tell you about! It’s with a guy who is in a boy band. And most of you probably had a crush on him.

You can (doesn't mean you should) pop your eyes out of their sockets by trying to exhale with your mouth and nose closed, according to Slate.com.

R.Kelly is receiving the Soul Train Stevie Wonder songwriting award this year. Every time I think of great lyrics, I think of great works like:

'Cause we off up in this jeep
We foggin' up the windows
We got the radio up
We all up in the back
We got the shit bouncin'
We goin' up and down
And we smokin' and we drinkin'
Just thuggin' it out
--Ignition by R.Kelly

Speaking of bad songs, one of the worst, popular songs ever is All My Life by K-Ci and Jo Jo. Yes, this is a fact.

And because somebody will send me an email or call me or run into me at the BStone tonight and tell me I’m a hater because I’m always dissing somebody…one of the best, unrecognized songs ever written is As by Stevie Wonder. I heard this song on the radio this weekend and was very happy. Matter of fact, the lyrics to Songs In the Key of Life should be written on Bible paper, they are so good.

Song For Today: Crazy by Seal

7 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous belladawn said...

hey hater i like the lyrics 2 ignition.. ;-)

i saw that flyer yesterday 2.. i wonder is the sluttish hoopz or the tomboy hoopz gonna b there..

i want u 2 check kelis' video 4 bossy @ www.youtube.com is her natural gone!?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

Whew I am finally getting the chance to read this in all its glory. I heard about Isaac this morning on the news...but the episodes that they cracked on Scientology were over a year ago - why is he leaving just now?

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

Ealy dumped Halle Berry?

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Ms. Pretty Green Eyes said...

Why is Michael Ealy so fine? You know I luvded him:)

Hey, how could you hate on K-Ci and JoJo like that. All My Life is great.

All my life
I prayed for someone like you
And I thank God
That I
That I finally found you

I was listening to it this morning on the way to work. So disappointed, Donna. So disappointed.

I guess I will give you a little props though, since you recognized Stevie Wonders album Songs in the Key of Life. It has some wonderful songs on it. I love Village Ghetto Land.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger lady_in_purple said...

I love "All My Life" too. Sure it is a little cheesy and radio played the song out, but listening to it now, it is a very beautiful song.

I love "Songs in the Key of Life"- my favorite song is "Another Star"- always makes me cry (even though its a fast/upbeat song. Go figure).

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home