Friday, March 03, 2006

This Weekend


It’s getting to be that time of the year! So the temperatures in Columbus have dipped a bit, but the people are coming out and the events are heating up. This weekend is going to be a busy one for me, as you know I am trying to hit up all the hotspots in two days. Wish me luck!

Friday

Tonight me and my girls Morgan, Dawn and Akilah are going to hit up the Eddie George Grill 27, the newest, livest sports bar in the city. Obviously the cute girls will be there, so make sure you come out too! Check out TheUrbanStarr.com as my girl Anita the Diva gets the exclusive with Eddie George about the new venue.

My girl/financial guru Jackie Stepherson will be celebrating her birthday at the Red Zone tonight for First Fridays. Come and buy her a drink if it’s in your budget.

If you plan on staying in the house tonight, watch Toure, my writing hero, as he deciphers the beef between Nas and Jay-Z in a BET special. Encores will be running all weekend, as there will be much to discuss Monday morning.

Saturday


The ACME Art Company will be full of live music and some “bomb ass Indian food” according to the music program director Gerard Cox. I’ll be there checking out Eddie Bayard and Rolando Matias…and the bomb ass Indian food. It’s also Gallery Hop, so everything around the Short North will have something fly to offer.

Sunday

I am going to see Dave Chappelle's Block Party this weekend. Not just because I am black and miss the comedy of Dave. Not because it features hot performers like Lauryn Hill, Kanye West, The Roots, Erykah Badu and Common. But because The Central State University Marching Band from Dayton, Ohio received top billing alongside all of those other cats. Anybody with some true Columbus knowledge knows this band use to get crunk (before crunck was a word) at the Capital City Classic waaaayyyy back in the day. Shout outs to the Marauders!

Make sure you watch the Oscars, where the first rap performance in the Academy’s 78-year history, will be in effect. Three Six Mafia willbe performing "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp" on Sunday night. Check out Juicy J’s interview with USA Today here. This is Hip Hop history, we should be tres proud!

Everybody stay safe and productive this weekend. I’ll catch you on the other side of Sunday!

6 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Man, I need to move. You guys have so many fun things to do down there. It's dry as the Sahara up in Canada.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous belladawn said...

i might come check u out @ eddie george's spot...

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

How come I wasn't invited to eddie george's grill. My hair dressrer is right across the street from that place so I have been watching all the construcion, I'm so happy its finally open. How was it?

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

So how was your weekend?

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info here

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home