Friday, March 24, 2006

This Weekend


I was considering staying in this weekend, curling up with this book I got from the library called The Love Diet. It’s all about seduction and since I am, well, single, then maybe I need to step up my game a little more. Plus the book teaches you 35 ways to kiss...damn, I think I know about five. When my good friend Scott Woods seen me with this book, he told me I write too much to have a love life (yeah, I told everybody you said that), so I’m going to hit the scene with my girls and see what I can get into.

Friday


I am still most curious about the forbidden fruit. I’m going to check out the movie Something New tonight and see how Sanaa handles it.

Hopefully inspired, afterwards I am going to hit up some place to get my white-holla on. Haven’t been to In8 Inner-Prizes' Groove Lounge/Club Shake at the Global, so I may check that out.

Saturday

Oh, how I wish The Dispatch wanted me to cover the New Jack Swing Reunion Tour! SWV, Blackstreet, Tony Toni Tone and Guy will all be in the Veteran’s Memorial. And prime tickets are $75 so I won’t be treating myself to that. But if anyone feels compelled to give a ticket to an up and coming writer, holla at me.

I need my hair busted in the worst way, so unless something more exciting pops up (and I’m open for suggestions)…I’ll be twisting my hair for the final week of the Protective Hair Challenge. Look for Creamy Crack updates soon.

Sunday

I could have sworn the Flavor of Love reunion show was coming on this Sunday, but since I can't find a time and listing for it, check out the $5 holla at the Cove. Anthony David will be performing live along with my homie Middle Child. If you can swing hanging out late and getting up early for work the next day, I say go for it!

8 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

I was suppose to go the that concert, but it didn't work out. I love SWV.

As for the Flavor of Love Reunion I read on concreteloop.com that they aren't going to air it. I never watched it, but that's what I read.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger DM said...

Yeah, there was nothing about it on VH1's site...probably some legal reason I'm sure. Somebody MUST have a bootleg copy...

Hopefully somebody I know will go to that concert so I can get teh scoop...

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger BossMack said...

I could fuck with Guy, I hope that shit comes this way!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

that sound like a pretty good show...allf or $75 ...

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

Wait - I thought I was catching the Flavor this weekend? I need my fix. lol. say it aint so

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Ms. Pretty Green Eyes said...

I know this is late and belongs on another post but I wanted to make sure that you read it. It's a recipe for emu eggs. You said if someone gave it to you. You would try it. Let me know how it tastes.

Emu Egg & Sausage Brunch


1 pound emu breakfast sausage
1 green pepper, finely chopped
1 medium onion finely chopped
2 medium emu eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt & pepper to taste
paprika (optional)

Crumble emu sausage and cook in a large skillet over medium high heat. When sausage starts to brown, stir in green pepper and onion. Cook until sausage is browned and onion is soft. Drain well and spoon into a 8" (20 cm) square baking pan.

Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Cook in a large skillet, stirring constantly. When eggs are set but still very moist (the consistency of soft oatmeal), remove from heat and stir in cheese, reserving 1/2 cup for the top. Immediately pour over sausage; sprinkle with reserved cheese and paprika.

Bake in 325' F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until eggs are set. Cut into squares. Individual servings may be re-heated in the microwave on MEDIUM for 1 minute.

Makes 8 servings.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Quel said...

Good luck with your forbidden fruit adventure! It seems to be pretty "in" right now.

I've never been curious. I can't get past the lips and the general swagger of black men.

And is that Emu as in Emu the weird looking animal thing? If so, that recipe makes me want to throw up. Then again, chicken's ain't the most beautiful animals, but I'll be dayum if I can go two days without eatin' some part of that bird.

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home