Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Queen For A Day

Boy, am I tired this morning. A pilates class last night, coupled with an hour of Queen renditions on American Idol and restlessness right before bedtime adds to Donna, sleepy in the morning. Pilates always makes me want to throw up, puts me in utter pain and I’m always tired as hell afterwards. Am I doing something wrong, or is my core just out of shape?

I just have a couple of things to say about AI (I promise this won’t become a blog all about Simon n’nem)

1. Doesn’t Taylor Hicks look like Bill Clinton?

2. And Paris like an old-school Janet Jackson (which was fab to me)?
3. And how unattractive is Elliot Yamin? His name sounds like something a rapper would say. (I’m keeping it real, Yamin?)
4. Ace singing We Will Rock You is comparable to Justin Timberlake singing with Aerosmith at the Super Bowl a couple years ago.
5. What rapper is going to be first to sample Fat Bottomed Girls?

Fantasia was in the audience, an Idol I love but…being in the audience isn’t a good look career-wise. I’ve had her CD since it came out, and for some reason today, I’m listening to it for the first time. After Summertime, I’m going back to J Rawls. Baby Mamas is next...damn!

I couldn't imagine Man-tasia...I mean Mandisa singing any Queen songs. Their songs are awesomely constructed, so it takes a true personality to tackle them. Not that she doesn't have one...but what would she sing? And why didn't anybody sing Another One Bites the Dust?

My prediction on who should go home BUCKY. And while we’re on Bucky…please don’t tell me his momma named him Bucky. I know I’ve been the name police lately, but by just changing the first letter in his name, I can come up with about a dozen offensive names for this cat. The Jessica Simpson/messy Johnny Depp look isn’t hot either.

Okay, so it looks like this will be a reality show post. Sue me, fuck you.

In defense of Jade on ANTM, it seems like the producers are splicing some of her comments to make her seem eviler than she is. Now, the bitch is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. However, last week when she was discussing how love can make you distracted, then the camera cuts to her advising Nnena to stay with her man…you know that doesn’t mean Jade is being conniving. She could have said that before or afterwards. I see them trying to make a connection that just isn’t there.

If I were on ANTM, I would probably be like Jade, wacky, overly-confident, though fly (but not a drag-queenish, that’s for sure). I would probably set a skunk lose in Furonda’s hair weave too, but that’s for another day.

Thursday evening through Tuesday: I’m on vacation bitches! I’ll be out of commission so tomorrow is the last post of the week.

Finally: Creamy Crack updates. Check out some of my recent hairstyles.

Song For Today: I Can’t Help It by Michael Jackson. So sexy! Thanks to Krate for encouraging me to dig out my Off The Wall CD.

8 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

where ya goin?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger DM said...

Ha! You see how I kind of skirted around that...ummm, no where. Just spending some time with an old friend that's all. Took a couple of days off to see a college chum who is in town.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous belladawn said...

the american idol stuff is hilarious... that elliot looks like bobby bouche from the waterboy!

jade is such a fake azz eva.. my favorite is danielle, even though tyra thinks shes country, but hey, the SOUTH is takin over whether we like it or not, i couldnt believe my sister even had TI on her myspace page!

have fun with your friend & call me this weekend...

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

There is no defending Jade. She's crazy. She is constantly giving herself qualities that she clearly doesn't have. Like saying she's humble, classy, or gracious. Bitch please. People with class don't go around saying they're classy. It doesn't work that way.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

Danielle is my defintely in my top 2 for antm, like nnenna but I guess I have look some of the white girls to. and thanx for those jobs I just faxed my resume to them today.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger  said...

i love jade & her crazy self. she' the only reason i even watch that show anymore. if she's eliminated, no more antm for me!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger DM said...

I like Jade! I think she's kind of nutty, but I think it's funny. I do like Danielle...and I like Molly Sue before she was kicked off.

Will jade win? Of course not...but at least she can get her short-term model on.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

jade is cool I just think that she has a natural chip on her shoulder because, hell she is 26 and doesn't doesnt really have many years left to model. She should make in the top 3, none of the white girls really stand out to me yet, but i'm looking

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home