Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Week/End

I don’t know where the weekend begins…I don’t know where the weekend ends. I will be kinda short with you guys for the next couple week for a couple reasons. First, we are having a huge event at work so the PR department is really picking up. Everybody’s busy and I’m writing tons of stuff. Secondly, I am closing in on a house and that takes up most of my evenings. So The Pink Ghetto is getting stiffed, I know, but when it’s all over I’ll have the best photos and whatnot to show you. Plus, I’ve got some big interviews and big plans for my career going down this summer. I am a busy bee. Here are some things poppin off this week…

Tonight

Black Pearl Poetry has got Sonya Renee in the building along with Krate Digga on the wheels. National Poetry Month is coming to a close, so make sure you pay homage in some form. Come early, pay a little extra ($7) and get free stuff in VIP…or pay the regular admission ($4) and slum it with everyone else…or flash your student ID and pay $2!

Don’t forget that tomorrow is the last day to vote for Albert Matthews AKA P.A. Flex’s song “Shine,” which is up for the John Lennon Songwriting Contest Song of the Year. Hear the song at P.A.’s site and VOTE HERE.

Wednesday

Stay home and watch America’s Next Top Model. If Jade goes home, I swear to promise…

Thursday

All of my favorite deejays will be in one room: O Sharp, Krate Digga and J Rawls, at the happy hour turn into 2 am party called Mixer at the Cove. If you’re into house, R&B, hip hop (old stuff…like Whoodini and The Get Fresh Crew) then you should duck your head in…drink specials, and all that will be in effect.

Scott Woods will be hosting a poetry slam for the Writer’s Block Poetry group at the Columbus Music Hall…a fine forum for poetry I might add. You can still qualify to be on the Columbus Slam Team (if you’re good, that is) and the cost is $5. Another chance to bid adieu to National Poetry Month…

Friday

J Rawls will be manning the boards at the Brownstone starting at 10 p.m...for a new night, every Friday at the BStone. The Pink Ghetto will have to be in the building to make this hot, of course...

Say Happy Birthday to Middle Child at the Cove as well…if you don’t know Middle, then I don’t think you can get in! The guest list is up at the Cove’s new and fabulous website. So if you can’t make it…


Saturday

Check out Middle as she performs at the City Center Mall at 2 p.m. I haven’t seen my girl perform in a while, so I’ll be in the building.

Sunday

Jaguar Wright will be at the Cove, starting at 8 p.m. (this isn’t a regular club night, people) Tickets are $15 at the door, $10 advance…so call 614-207-6346 to save yourself some doe…don’t front, you know I’ll be calling…

If you still can’t find anything to do after all of this activity, I don’t know what to tell you. Hope to talk to you in the near future…

6 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

a house a house!
*kicks up heels*

So, what is it you promise to promise if Jade gets kicked off. I need to know. You need to tell us.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger DM said...

The house is so complicatingly exciting...kind of like falling in love. Until your parents meets it and hates it (for very valid reasons), and then the search continues...I'll dish really soon about it all...

If Jade is kicked off, I will never trust Tyra Bank's judgement again...she's only picked a true top model once...and hasn't even let the real competitors compete to the end. I'll do a who should win post soon...

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

who's the only top model she ever picked, EVA? And I want to hear more about this house! and I think i mite be going to bpp 2nite.

I don't want danielle to go home!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

I hope Danielle sticks to her guns and says no to the dental surgery. Her teeth look fine to me.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Ms. Pretty Green Eyes said...

Friday, April 28 - National No Panties Day. Don't forget to observe this very special day.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous scott woods said...

Thanks for the shout-out, sis!
The night was INCREDIBLE.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home