Monday, April 03, 2006

You Can't Always Get What You Want

The best part of this weekend was that Friday was gone…boy was that a fuckin’ bad day! I went to get my eyebrows waxed, and my waxer treats me like a boy who knows he has good dick…the service is so so bad, but the outcome is so so good. And every time I go, I vow to never go again. But then I start looking in my mirror, and next thing you know I’m in the chair laying back and getting hair pulled off my face. Well, I was P-I-ssed that I couldn’t get my eyebrows done…Anyone in Columbus who knows a good eyebrow waxer, PLEASE let me know.

To make a long story short, I squeezed in some after the gym shopping (not trying on anything because I was sweaty) got the clothes home and all of them were too big. Was trying to make it to my girl Jessica’s Jammy Jam, so I put on a throwback shirt my boy Ray made for me and headed to the Cove.

I had to get a drink as soon as I walked in because I would have punched somebody if they got rank with me. The party was cool, despite me being hangry all day.

I watched Closer this weekend, which I thought was a smart love story. I couldn’t figure out which character I related to the most…the conniving Anna…the young, heartbreaker Alice…or the sappy writer Dan. Great movie, plan on watching it over and over like Nelly and Tim McGraw.

I also caught the Flavor of Love Reunion…uhhh, not so much. It was very staged and all the girls looked gross (except for Goldie). New York was funny as hell, she’s the one who should pursue the comedy career. She said something to the effect of:

“I’ve been on pause all this time, and I’m about to press play in a minute!”

Ha! And though I am adamantly against Negroes showing their color on TV, Pumkin deserved to get her ass chased around the set Jerry Springer style. Punk ass. If somebody spit in my face, I would do the same thing!

Hoopz is wack, and if I were NY I would have laughed in his face for chasing that pot of gold…like Flav could really hit that.

Some Happenings: Tomorrow is a huge night at Black Pearl Poetry. Marc Bamuthi Joseph will be in the building to preview his show, When Words Become Flesh that will be at the King Arts Complex this weekend. He has this spoken word/dancer thing going on that should be awesome up close.

If this isn’t enough incentive, it is also ladies night, where ladies get in half off…and Sorority Night so all of you AKAs, Deltas, SGRhos, umm…all of you sorority girls come out and get your discounted admission on. I know for a fact a couple of ya’ll read my blog, so rally your troops and come out Tuesday night.

Promise: Creamy Crack updates tonight…after my Van Hunt interview…ooowee!

Song For Today: You Can’t Turn Me Away, Sylvia Stripling…for a boy who has me jonesing for real!

6 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger lady_in_purple said...

pumpkin is such a punk! she kept running away everytime ny tried to kick her ass. she could have at least pretended to fight back- the security guards would have held her back anyway!

btw, i LOVE sylvia striplin. actually, i just love her song "give me your love", but you know how sometimes one song can make you completely fall in love with an artist? eh, maybe its just me. anyways, i will have to check out your song for today.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger DM said...

I don't know much about Sylvia Stripling except for that song. Time for a Google search! I'll have to check out your favorite too!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

OMG! Van Hunt Interview.
Give him a big smile for me.
Oh, and can you tell him I was rockin' out to "Highlights" off of his first album waaaaaay before MTV got hip?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger lady_in_purple said...

OH SNAP!!! "you can't turn me away" is the "get money" sample! aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! (damn you puffy!!)

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

Pumpkn needs to get her azz beat up and what was up Cherre still being better she was so angry!

I like hangry that's a tight word

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home