Friday, June 09, 2006

Big Ups and Shout Outs

I woke up this morning totally exhausted yet feeling wildly alive. It’s a beautiful day in the city and I hope you are able to make the most of it. Of course there are oodles of things to get into this weekend, I just hope that someone steps outside their box and tries something a little different…you never know what could happened!

Much love to my homie PTosh, who continues to wow the Art Department over at OSU. She was accepted into her major, after putting together a banging portfolio. One day, she’ll have all of her work on display. If you are lucky enough to be able to see any of her work, you know she is the wave of the future.

Whatsup to my homie Doni Jai who left the greatest little Donna song on my voicemail the other day. After going around the country, he and his band, Dawnstar will be in Columbus on June 16th at CBR rockin out to their special brand of rock, funk and soul…I can’t wait for this show!

Shout outs to Scott Woods who will be emceeing a jazz/poetry hybrid this evening at the posh Columbus Music Hall. It’s only $5 and every poet has to perform in front of a live jazz band. Do something different on a Friday night, okay!

Shout outs also to my boy J Rawls, who is up there with John Mayer and Van Hunt on getting the most spins in ’06 from me. I will never get sick of Bailar feat. Aloe Blacc on his Essence of Soul CD. Anyways, International J will be doing his thing at the Brownstone tonight, stop by and say whatsup to him.

Either Saturday or Sunday I will be at my favorite park in Columbus, the Park of Roses, for the annual Rose Festival. This place is a poet’s dream.

A big shout out to Montray, even though the Miami Heat lost last night, he seemed to be in very good spirits. Hopefully, he’ll win his bet this Sunday when Dwyane Wade scores 40 points! I know I’m rooting for him!

BTW: I just want to let everyone know that Dwyane Wade spells his name wrong…

Happy Birthday to my Godbaby-daddy J. Dave! Thanks so much for pushing your festivities back until after payday! I’m galvanizing to troops to make sure we party hard next week! Stay tuned!

I love all my friends and I love the summertime! Whatever I do this weekend, I’ll take lots of photos to share next week…be safe and have fun!

Coming Up: My two-year Nappiversary at the end of this month!

Song For Today: For The Love of You by Isley Bros. “Driftin’ on a memory/Ain’t no place I’d rather be than with you…”

6 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

you always into something ain't ya missy?

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

I got a busy weekend on tap as well. Have fun and be good. Well...have fun!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Ms. Pretty Green Eyes said...

I love it. You know me and my computer drama has prohibited me from reading the posts from the last 2 weeks but I am back and loving it. I swear you write your Boy rules for me. Have I been telling you all of my issues. Because you seem to hit on each and every one of them. LOL. Keep them coming.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

maybe you should start calling mr. Wade "Do Yane".

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Paula D. said...

Have a great weekend!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

2 years nappiversary?? already! I didnt realize you had been natural that long.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home