Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Casual Thing

“Hey Donna, why don’t you answer my phone calls anymore,” said the text message from a boy I used to sweat like a sauna a little over a month ago. “I’m on my way over.”

He’s very aggressive. And he knows I like that. And considering my day yesterday, I was in need of some company. When you are down, I know niggas treat you like a number 2 pencil and want to test you. This whole being committed to the house thing has been spilling over to other areas of my life. I don’t want to continue to have all these loose-ended relationships with people. I need people with a purpose in my life. Even if for the night. Donna from three months ago would have been in the shower, getting ready and putting on something fetching.

“I don’t do the casual thing anymore, sorry,” was what I responded. I was so proud of myself. Rule for today: You should want what you want, and you shouldn't take second best...because you aren't second best.

Things To Be Excited About

Janice Dickinson’s new modeling show starts tonight! Yeah, she’s kind of nutty, but she was the best element of America’s Next Top Model. Plus, she knows her ish. I’ll be Tivoing that.

Master P and America’s Next Hip Hop Star. I don’t know if this is a good idea…but it is long overdue that someone brought Hip Hop into this arena.

Making The Band 3 is back on June 15! Diddy is riding this thing until the wheels fall off, and I will be there to make sure he embarrasses himself into obscurity.

Song For Today: Newness by Musiq. "Everything is cool/when love is all brand new/ cause your learning me and I'm learning you..."

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

You know what, I admire Mr. Combs for what he does. He is the embodiment of 1% inspiration 99% perspiration.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Good on you for not settling for less than what you want.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger chris said...

that hip hop thing should be interesting among other things.

you are right, we aren't 2nd best.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home