Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Lindsay Lohan and Bengal Tigers

Boy, was I rattled yesterday. Not only did I get sick from leftover calamari Caesar salad, but also I left my purse at work. I was sans lipgloss and money for the remainder of the evening. Despite not feeling well, my girl Jessica and me hauled ass to Black Pearl Poetry at the Brownstone. Scott Woods, wordsmith and poet, made a surprise visit along with several members of the Writer’s Block Poetry team. It was great to see both of Columbus’ poetry teams being able to rock it in the same venue.

Afterwards, Jessica and me went to a little family owned spot called Fritzy’s for some breakfast and giggles. I went to sleep around 12:30, and ended up having a dream that I was kidnapped by Lindsay Lohan in my parents’ house, where she had a huge party (of course) and made me strip on my parents’ kitchen table the whole time. Finally, she got drunk enough to pass out and I escaped, only to be met by a Bengal Tiger (“oh shit, a Bengal Tiger” is what I said in my dream) that I had to fight off to get into my car.

Shout outs to Dwyane Wade who finally gave me a 40 point game and a win with Miami. Trust me, I have way more invested in this game than just general interest ;)

While rummaging through my CD collection this morning, looking for my Musiq collection, I found this CD I made in college.

Half/Crazy by Musiq (What a great compromise song!)

China Love by Janet Jackson (This may be my favorite Janet song, if we exclude The Velvet Rope…that is my absolute favorite Janet CD!)

If You Leave Her Destiny’s Child feat. Next (My sister loves this song...you think Beyonce would do a song with these cats nowadays?)

I Got A Man by Eve (One of about three Eve songs I love.)

I Need A Girl, Part 1, P. Diddy feat. Mario Winans (Do people really make love listening to Biggie?)

I’ll Do Anything/I’m Sorry by Ginuwine (My favorite Ginuwine song…probably because of the Visions sample)

Mary by Scarface (What rapper doesn’t have a love song disguised as a weed song?)

Movies by Ashanti (OK, so shoot me for once being an Ashanti fan. This and Rescue Me are hot!)

Just Like Daddy by 2Pac (I could do without the thug 2Pac, but I loved sexy 2Pac!)

Emotional by Carl Thomas (I think every man has felt this way about a girl…a perfect break up song.)

Two Wrongs Wyclef feat. Claudette Oritz
(Wyclef makes the best love songs. Sure it’s kind of a 911 knock off, but it’s still beautiful)

G.H.E.T.T.O.U.T. by Changing Faces (R.Kelly is a nut. This song is clearly written from his wife’s perspective.)

I Need A Girl Part 2 by P.Diddy feat. Loon and Usher (OK, I used to have a huge crush on Loon. I met his chocolatey self before and we instantly clicked. I could have hit that, but being a reporter, that kind of stuff isn’t ethical)

Camay by Ghostface feat. Raekwon and Cappadonna (The Champ will be excited to see this one! This song is…dare I say…beautiful and raw)

Hot in Herre by Nelly (It doesn’t really fit with the loose theme of the CD, but what they hey. Big ups to Rashad who was poppin’ Cristal in the video!)

Satisfy You by P. Diddy feat. R. Kelly (OK, so I had some kind of non-sexual crush on Diddy, obviously. Diddy in his post-J.Lo phase was so delicate and fragile. This song is hot, don’t front.)

Hot Boys (Remix) by Missy feat. Lil’ Mo, Nas, Eve, Q-Tip (Man, me and PTosh used to roll around the city BUMPING this song, looking for Hot Boys back in our day. Eve’s best verse ever.)

10 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Damn...Hot Boyz. That was my track. At the time the dude I was dating was driving a Jaguar. And I use to make fun of him for it, but then I started calling him my Hot Boy since Missy mentions boys who drive Jags. Lol. That mix CD brought me back into time.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

Was it a "Bengal Tiger", or a tiger from Bengal?

re Diddy, I was watching "The Bridge" the other night with DJ Ralph McDaniels and some chick with big hair and I saw one of Diddy's first efforts from back in like 89 or something (Treat Them like they wanna be treated by Father MC) and he's one of the back-up dancers, really doin' his thing. Anonymous but still in the picture.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Diggz said...

Whoa playa!!! Whoa...takes me back to 96-97 when I was 1st learnin the tables...By the time Hot Boyz hit, I was blown...dj that is.


And yes some folks make love to BIG...

1 mo chance...big poppa...f'in u 2night...nasty girl...skys the limit...story 2 tell...

That's over 20mins right there...after the club that's perfect. Shower, then waffle house.; but no groupies!!!!

They don't me Diggz 4 nothin!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger DM said...

@Mizz JJ: Hot Boys is just one of those greatest hits by Missy! It bumps every summer!

@GC: I don't know how I knew what classification of tiget it was off the bat...I'm crazy like that!

@Diggz: Now I know, so I may have to incorporate some Biggie into the repatoire...I don't know how romantic that all is though...

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

lmao! we had fun with our giggly selves.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

whatever happened to changing faces...

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: They don't call me Diggz for nothin.

Anyhow sometimes romance isn't the answer. But when it is, that's when The Blacklight falls into the deck.

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Scott Woods said...

Thanks for coming out for the feature! It felt good to get some of that out.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

dag. I recognize like 10% of your list? Where have I been for the past few years?

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Daddy's Girl said...

I swear I remember that CD. We were likes the mix tape sisters. I got so many CDs from those days in my collection.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home