Thursday, June 15, 2006

Still Pending

No updates or status changes as of yet, Ms. Marbury.

That has been the quote of the week. Everything is on the cusp of movement, but not just movement, not just yet.

The house. Still pending.

The interviews. Still pending.

The six pounds I hoped to lose by the end of the month. Still pending.

I’ve been at the starting line, fully prepared and cocked to run for about three weeks now. Or to rewrite that in a way that is not so flattering to me: I have been antsy, anxious and impatient about things that I know take time for about three weeks now. Sam Cooke's A Change Is Gonna Come playing between every phone call and sandwiched between every email. Luckily I’ve had some sweet diversions while I wait. But even in strengthening relationships, someone as anxious as me must put on the breaks and not rush. I'm even sending still pending notices to myself.

If you can’t find anything to do his weekend, I will personally plan a weekend of cheap fun for you. There’s so much to do, it’s bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S (I know that was last year’s witty phrase, but I’m old school sue me.)

Tonight: Nicolay and The 3rd at Cove. $5 before 11p.m. Come show your face, I know I am.

Friday: DAWNSTAR at CBR’s in the Brewery District.

Saturday: Juneteenth at Franklin Park…plus, my boy J. Dave will be doing it big for his birthday celebration at Cove. Anybody who wants to get in free has to holla at me before Friday morning. Please, don’t call me while I’m in the middle of flirting with my hot boy to tell me that you are outside and they want you to pay $20 to get in. I warned you in advance…

Sunday: The tail end of the Worthington Arts Festival, check it out.

CD Review: Check out my review of Rihanna's new one in the Columbus Dispatch today.

Song For Today: Country Livin’ (The World I Know) by Esthero

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Paula D. said...

My weekend.....still pending! Is it Friday yet?
Hang in there girl :-)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home