Friday, June 23, 2006

This Weekend


Yesterday: Montray and I went to see the opening for Tyrese’s new flick Waist Deep. It’s a combination of Belly and a Lifetime movie. Meagan Goode is kind of overdoing the pouty, sexy thing, if you ask me. Some of you Negroes might go see it, so I’ll leave “my review” at that.

Comfest: Last year, as Dawn will remember, Hurricane Katrina made an appearance at Comfest during Middle Child’s performance. Not only did it rain…but debris, high winds, lightning and hail had me running through Goodale Park looking for refuge. So as much as I’d like to paint my breasts and run around like a hippie at Comfest…I’m a little concerned about the weather. Nevertheless, Weightless Recording’s stellar hip hop lineup will be on the stage tonight. BHB, S.P.I.R.I.T. and Middle will be rocking the stage Saturday evening. For more performances, check out Comfest’s site. Let’s pray for good weather people.

Friends…How Many Of Us Have Them?: Shout outs to my homie Original Superstars of Hip Hop show featuring Kool Moe Dee, Biz Markie, Slick Rick and Whodini at Cooper Stadium. Tickets start at $20! Who thinks Kool Moe Dee still rocks that leather suit?

Afterwards, she will be heading to the Cove, so everybody bring at least $5 for the Pin To Akilah’s Shirt and/or Buy Her A Drink Fund.

Other Weekend Happs: J. Rawls at the Brownstone tonight, Krate Digga at the Cove tonight, Easton Art Affair all weekend! See you on the flipside!

Song For Today: The Pleasure Principle by Janet Jackson. “You might think I’m crazy/But I’m serious” Somebody put that on a shirt for me, please!

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

DAYUM! you always into something. Hot ass. I need to come up that way and hang out with YOU!

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

I love Pleasure principle!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home