Thursday, July 20, 2006

FAQ: The Birthday Edition


Q. Are you feeling any older?
A. Heck yeah! I feel like I’ve grown about six feet since last year. I have never been so emotionally, financially and spiritually taxed in my life. But I’ve gotten to know myself in a way that I never thought I would. When Beyonce talks about being her own best friend in Me, Myself and I, I now understand what she means. I’ve found out that I am witty, charming, intelligent, wordly and very, very, girly. And I just love it…I don’t know about you.

Q. When are you going to settle down?
A. I am settled down, compared to how I was acting this time last year. No more getting drunk in public. No more casual sex. I worry first about my image, second about my budget, third about my waistline anytime I go anywhere.

Q. How did you make it to 25 without having any kids?
A. The pull out method

Q. What’s the best birthday present you’ve ever received?
A. Well, last year on my birthday, I bought myself my first John Mayer CD. And one year later, I’ve probably got more John Mayer CDs than John Mayer. Not only do I have every studio produced and live CD (real versions, not copies), some of them, I have two copies of! Yes, I am John Mayer’s Stan and damn proud of it!

Q. What are you looking forward to in the next year?
A. Finishing my book of short stories, losing 30 more pounds, growing hair like Diana Ross, going to see the Cleveland Cavs play this Fall (if I’m still invited), going on vacation with my parents and sister, my new house, seeing my Godbaby turn four. Not having a tight ass (being uptight) at the advice of a good friend of mine who knows how spazzy I can be (I listen, I swear). Seeing all of my talented friends’ hard work turn into some big money and doing some PR work for them!

Q. What have you learned since your last birthday?
A. My angles when taking pictures, that I can ask anybody anything I want, I can’t eat the following foods: cabbage, yellow peppers, anything with pork, calamari or milk. I love sushi. I’m racist (mostly against other black people), I’m sexist (against WNBA players), I can date a white boy, I can date several boys at once and be in total control of the whole situation. I just can’t help being a girl. My favorite deejay is Krate Digga, my favorite wine is Moscato, my favorite vegetable is asparagus. I look best in pink. Kanye West just might be gay. Method Man definitely isn’t. Bailar by J Rawls just might be one of my favorite songs.

Q. Where’s the party at?
A. If you don’t know by now! Tonight after the SOLD OUT Roots/Common show, I’ll be at the Carlile Club awaiting my birthday poem from Wali.

Tomorrow I’ll be at Cove. You don’t want to know what I had to do to Michael Kors to get my fabulous dress. And thanks to working out four times a week, I’ll be able to free-tit it in my dress for the first time EVER. If that’s not incentive enough to come to my party, I don’t know what is!

Song For Today: Golden by Jill Scott (my new personal anthem)

Other July 20 babies:
Rockabilly singer Sleepy LaBeef is 71.
Actress Diana Rigg (The Avengers ) is 68.
Bassist John Lodge of the Moody Blues is 63.
Country singer T.G. Sheppard is 62.
Singer Kim Carnes is 60.
Guitarist Carlos Santana is 59.
Drummer Paul Cook of the Sex Pistols is 50.
Actress Donna Dixon (Bosom Buddies ) is 49.
Country singer Radney Foster is 47.
Singer Chris Cornell of Audioslave (and Soundgarden) is 42.
Guitarist Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam is 40.
Actor Reed Diamond (Homicide: Life on the Street ) is 39.
Actor Josh Holloway (Lost ) is 37.
Singer Vitamin C is 37.
Actor Simon Rex is 32.
Actor Charlie Korsmo (Can't Hardly Wait,Hook ) is 28.
Actor John Francis Daley (Freaks and Geeks ) is 21.
Actress Billi Bruno (According to Jim ) is 10.

7 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You share a birthday with wack people, including my brother....

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That anonymous person was PTosh, I havent logged in in so long I cant remember my password

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Happy Birthday! Wow you have given me incentive to start working out although I know I'll never be able to free-tit it. Lol.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger BBB_0202020 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

lmao@ free tit I love it and do it all the time!!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger nikki said...

happy birthday! i wish for you continued blessings!

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't free tit...but I'll watch...lol...and yes Friday is gonna be something...

PS - yea, u do share the day w/ some lamo non-celeb types...but it aint ur fault that ur folks were gettin cozy in the winter...lmao
-Diggz

 
At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home