Friday, July 14, 2006

Wants & Needs: The Birthday Edition

Less than a week until my big birthday bash. No doubt I’ve been on top of the necessary preparations to make sure everybody has a ball, including me. Shout outs to Niel and Jurist Public Relations for the lush little shindig I attended yesterday. Everybody was all pretty and grown up. It was a black person’s heaven.

So below is a list of all the things I want for my own birthday. Some are rational, some are ridiculous. All are within somebody’s price range.

1. MAC Lipgloss It’s been a year since I’ve bought a tube of MAC Lipgloss. Sure, Loreal is a fine brand, but nothing is as sexy and buttery as a MAC glossed lip.

2. A Mortgage Payment Sure, that’s a big gift to ask for. This isn’t a required list so…if you can’t give me at least $800, then I won’t hold that against you. This is about what I want, not what is feasible.

3. CoCo Chanel Mademoiselle and DKNY Be Delicious I think by the time a woman is 25, she should have a signature smell. When I enter someone’s presence, they should be able to smell my distinguishable, pleasant scent. Now, that used to be CoCoMango body oil…but I need to step it up a little.

4. Aveda Be Curly Because this is the only way I will be able to wear my hair curly without making it drier than hot snatch.

5. Warm Spirit Vetiver and Bella Body Butter A Maintenance Day must! Nothing smells and feels better on a woman than this stuff. It makes me even more touchable.

6. A Body Like Beyonce Now, this is what you can do to help me get a body like Beyonce. DON’T go out to dinner with me when I call. DON’T ask me to go to breakfast or brunch. SUGGEST we make a salad or go get salads. DON’T invite me over if your dinner includes red meat, pork dairy, processed flour and sugar. DON’T buy me any drinks besides wine. ENCOURAGE me to go to the gym, even though I just got off work and I’m tired and hungry.

7. A Family Vacation Back in the day, my family used to go somewhere every summer. Well, I’ve been using my PR skills to “encourage” my parents to take me and my sister on a trip, sometime in August. We’ve narrowed it down to either Savannah or a cruise in the winter. I know I’ll be 25 and all…but I want to go on a vacation like I’m 10 again.

8. Subscription to Playboy No I’m not gay. Since that’s cleared up…so I read through the current issue with the taut, yet old Stacey Dash showing her goodies. And I forgot how intelligent and highbrow Playboy is. Besides the naked women, Playboy probably has the best articles and writers in magazine writing. Alex Haley used to write for Playboy, did you know that?

9. iPod Nano Okay, so I have a functional MP3 player. It serves its purpose, keeping me motivated while I work out. But dammit, I want an iPod Nano. Just because I do, okay!

10. One Song From Everybody What a perfect compliment to an iPod. So, you may not know me. You may read my blog and live in Bubble Fuck, Egypt. Or the Hilltop in Columbus. But you love me and want to get me something for my birthday. Well, this will be your cyber-equivalent to pinning a dollar on my shirt. Send me a dollar and a song suggestion and I’ll buy it on iTunes (and I’ll shout you out in a fabulous way)

Simply go to Pay Pal’s website. Hopefully you have a PayPal account, if not, then sign up for one. Click on the Send Money tab at the top of the screen. Type in my email address donnamarbury@hotmail.com, $1.00 (or more if you are feeling generous) and the song I should buy in the description. How easy is that!

4 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger muyiwa said...

Happy Birthday!!!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

If you stick your arm thru the computer I'll spray some Be Delicious on you before you go out for your bday (LOL)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Happy Birthday girl! I need to check out that Playboy with Stacey Dash.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Megan said...

great blog! i definitely agree with you. by the age of 25 a woman needs her own signiture scent. mine is Be Delicious

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home